|Seafood tofu soup.|
|The special order our neighbor was eating!|
He was very interested in our work and wanted us to take a picture.
Rating: Two thumbs up because of the curry and service
Time In: 1:30 PM
Time out: 2:15 PM
Server's recommendations: BBQ beef & chicken, seafood tofu soup
What we ordered: Seafood tofu soup, gyoza, katsudon (Jenne), katsu curry rice (Miko)
Number in our party: 2
Final check amount: $30.42
- B.H. Chung looks like crap from the outside (especially with the awful sign), but inside, it is airy, comfortable, and clean, with lots of natural light.
- The menu is extensive and has a lot of appealing choices. Good for groups that don't know what they want to eat.
- The katsu curry is DELICIOUS in a simple, mom & pop cafe kind of way. The katsu on it has crispy breading, which makes it extra-yummy, and the curry itself is well-seasoned, with a slight hint of cinnamonyness. It's the best Asian-style curry rice I've had outside the house. The portion-size was also ginormous, so it's perfect to split with a friend. (Note: our craving for this katsu curry drove us back to B.H. Chung three days later.) (Miko)
- The katsudon is good, especially with the zucchini, but it's a little on the bland side.
- The gyoza tastes nice, but it's not amazing.
- The stew is also fine, but the fishy taste is a little overpowering. There are much better versions of this dish at both of the Tofu Houses.
- The server is extremely handsome and pleasant. We call him "the son" because the place has a family-owned vibe, but we have no idea if any of the employees are actually related to each other. He is really quick to notice if we need water refills.
- This is the restaurant that inspired the idea of the "one-dish wonder" (which Spicy City also qualifies as)--a place that probably wouldn't wow us except for that one dish that we HAVE TO come back for.
Address: 4646 Convoy St, Ste 110
Phone number: 858.495.0059
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Private lot shared with rest of plaza -- it can get a little crazy, but you can usually find a spot if you drive around a few times. But the spaces are teeny.
Ideal group size: 2-6
Noise level: 2
Chopsticks: On the table