|Beef and shrimp lunch combo.|
|Beef and fishball lunch combo.|
|You cook your vegetables and meat in the hotpot. Add sauces as you like.|
|The rice was not the greatest.|
|And now it's a bowl of udon!|
Miko would make an effort to come back and Jenne would not, but with a few slight changes, this place could be great. And that's strangely frustrating.
Time In: 1:45 PM
Time out: ≈2:45 PM
Server's recommendations: Beef & shrimp, beef & scallop, lamb, pork
What we ordered: Beef & shrimp lunch combo (Jenne), beef & fishball lunch combo (Miko)
Number in our party: 2
Final check amount: ≈$28 (I forgot to write it down because I'm a terrible secretary -- Miko)
- They slice up the meat in front of us on a big machine, which is cool.
- The rice is a little overcooked and mushy.
- The shrimp tasted a little like dirt.
- I love fishballs of any kind. These were not the best fishballs, but I loved them anyway. (Miko)
- It was my first time eating shabu shabu, and I was utterly charmed by how the hotpot turns into a bowl of udon. (Miko)
- The servers were a little over-involved in the cooking process for me. I wanted to do it MY WAY. And also they seemed happy to let MIKO cook her own food! Psh, I've spent more time in Japan than she has! (Jenne)
Address: 4646 Convoy St, Ste 107
Phone number: 858.268.8648
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Private lot shared with rest of plaza -- it can get a little crazy, but you can usually find a spot if you drive around a few times. But the spaces are teeny.
Ideal group size: 2-4
Noise level: 2
Who not to bring: Small children, people who don't like interactive food
Chopsticks: On the table