|They are not kidding with this. |
While we were waiting around, a guy lopped off about half of it with a giant cleaver.
I mean GIANT.
|There are very busy ladies behind this counter. |
Make sure you know what you want!
|They have a whole section of hot dishes that looked amazing--|
we'll have to come back for lunch sometime.
|Honey BBQ pork--|
the container seemed to contain the same sauce that was already on it.
|Fried ham-sui-gok, creamy egg yolk bun.|
|Inside the fried ham-sui-gok.|
|Shrimp rice roll.|
|Stir-fried sweet rice.|
|Steamed BBQ pork bun.|
|Elegant dining atmosphere.|
Rating: Two thumbs up
Time in: 11:10 AM
Time out: 11:55 AM
Servers' recommendations: We didn't get a chance to ask for one -- they looked awfully busy, and we were awfully hungry.
What we ordered: Shrimp rice roll, fried ham-sui-gok, steamed BBQ pork bun, creamy egg yolk bun, stir-fried sweet rice, honey BBQ pork
Number in our party: 2
Final check amount: $20.95
- Jasmine Express is the take-out section of Jasmine Seafood Restaurant. We decided to count it as a separate place. There are two picnic tables outside if you want to sit and eat.
- The BBQ pork was tasty, and it would be so good in fried rice! I did run into some gristly bits though.
- The fried sweet rice reminds me of takikomi gohan.
- Make sure to come early in the day -- they run out quickly, and the food is freshest right when they open at 11.
- I love the gelatinous deliciousness that is the shrimp rice roll. Yummm.
- We were surprised when we took our first bite of the fried ham-sui-gok. The outside crust is DELICIOUS, like a thin layer of really good fried senbei. Underneath, it's a layer of mochi, and then pork filling in the middle. The pork filling was a little sweet for our taste, but we liked it dipped in the tangy sauce for the shrimp rice roll.
- The steamed BBQ buns were better than we remembered from our visit next-door.
- The creamy egg yolk bun was also lovely.
Address: 4609 Convoy St, Ste A
Phone number: 858.268.0888
Accepts credit cards? Yes, $10 minimum
Parking: Crowded shared lot
Ideal group size: Any
Available vegetarian options: Baked desserts, healthy vege dumpling (doesn't that sound sooo appealing...?), seared vege tofu rolls, vege rice roll, steamed Chinese broccoli
Noise level: 1